WEB@TSC Membership Terms
Article 1 (Purpose of Site)
WEB@TSC (hereinafter referred to as the "Site") is a membership organization operated by Polyplastics Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company"). The main purpose of the Site is to provide the members set forth in Article 3 (hereinafter referred to as the "Members") with the membership services set forth in Article 5 (hereinafter referred to as the "Membership Services").
Article 2 (Membership Terms)
1. WEB@TSC Membership Terms (hereinafter referred to as the "Membership Terms") shall apply to any and all provisions of Membership Services on the Site and their use.
Article 3 (Members)
Members mean those who satisfy any of the requirements set forth in the following items, performed procedures for application for Membership prescribed by the Company by consent with the membership terms, and who were approved by the Company.
(1) Members must have both an email address and phone number which the Company can contact.
(2) The above-mentioned email address and telephone number must be those used for business purposes only. Members are not allowed to register private-use cell phone email addresses, free email addresses, etc.
(3) At the time of application for Membership, the person who has not suspended the use of all or part of Membership Services due to violation of the Membership Terms, etc.
(4) Person has not been subjected to withdrawal from Membership due to violation of the Membership Terms before application for Membership.
Article 4 (Application for Membership)
1. To join our Membership of the Site, registration procedures prescribed by the Company are required. Applicants for Membership shall submit the application, entering the necessary matters correctly subject to agreement to the terms and conditions prescribed herein.
2. In the event that an applicant has been proved to fall under any one of the items below, the Company may not approve application for the Membership.
(1) In the event that it was found that misstatement or similar incorrect contents were contained in the filling matters at the time of application.
(2) In the event that it was found that Membership requirements set forth in Article 3 were not satisfied.
(3) In the event that the Company determined it would be inappropriate to approve the person for Membership due to reasonable causes.
Article 5 (Membership Services)
1. Membership Services are membership information services, which exclusively provide Members with the Web contents only for Members set forth in paragraph 2 and exclusive information for Members set forth in paragraph 3 by e-mail.
2. The Company will, as the Membership Services, provide Members with the Web contents exclusively for Members. Members may access the Web contents by using the Member IDs and passwords.
3. The Company will, as the Membership Services, provide the e-mail addresses of Members with the exclusive information for Members.
Article 6 (Fees and Charges)
1. Access to the Site is free of charge. As for chargeable Membership Services, the Company shall specify the fees and other terms in advance.
2. Devices and equipment required for use of the Internet and an Internet connection environment shall be arranged at the expense and responsibility of Members. Communication and connection charges required for access shall also be born by Members.
Article 7 (Authenticated Information)
1. Member ID and password required for use of the Site (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Authenticated Information") may be set one per Member. Procedures for setting the Authenticated Information shall be in accordance with the procedures separately provided for by the Company.
2. Members shall not disclose or divulge the Authenticated Information to any third party and shall manage them at their responsibility. Any use of Membership Services with the Authenticated Information of Members shall be regarded as the act of the said Member even in the case of unauthorized use by a third party, and the Member shall be responsible for it. In the event that any loss, abuse or theft of the Authenticated Information has been found, Members shall immediately notify the Company and the Member shall follow the instructions from the Company, if the Company so instructs.
Article 8 (Updating Member Registered Information)
1. The Company provides to Members a function which allows Members to modify their Member Registered Information.
2. Members use the above-mentioned function to change the content of the Member's Member Registered Information.
3. If any Member has suffered from disadvantages due to insufficient Registered Information, failure to perform or delay in performing procedures for changes, the Company shall not assume any responsibility.
Article 9 (Collection, Acquisition and Use of Member Information)
1. Members agree that the Company shall collect and acquire the personal information of Members obtained by the Company through the respective procedures of the Site and use of Membership Services (Including access log. Hereinafter referred to as the "Member Information") within the scope necessary for the performance of the purpose of use set forth by the Company in the following items below, and use it to the extent of the said purpose of use. The Company shall manage the Member Information in accordance with the Membership Terms and the Privacy Policies.
(1) For confirmation of the Membership requirements set forth in Article 3
(2) For informing Members the matters necessary for provision of Membership Services and operation of the Site
(3) For conducting various questionnaire surveys in order to assist in improvement of the Site and goods and services of the Company and its group companies (meaning the companies listed as Polyplastics Group in the Site)
(4) For development of new services corresponding to the state of use of Membership Services and attributes.
2. In addition to the provisions of paragraph 1, the Company may from time to time newly collect and acquire Member Information to the extent required for the performance of the said purpose after specifying the purpose of use and obtaining the consent of Members. In such an event, the Company shall use the information to the extent of purpose of use specified at the time of collection.
Article 10 (Provision to Third Parties)
1. The Company may disclose or provide any third party with the Member Information in accordance with the Privacy Policies and Members shall give prior consent to it.
2. Except as provided for in this Article, the Company shall not provide the Member Information to any third party in a form being able to identify an individual Member.
Article 11 (Disclosure and Correction of Member Information)
1. Members may request disclosure of their own Member Information, which was acquired and retained by the Company under Article 9 in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company. In such an event, the Company may request submission of documents necessary for identification of the person.
2. In the event that the contents of the Member Information acquired and retained by the Company under Article 9 have been found to be incorrect or wrong, the Member may request correction, etc., of the information in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company.
3. The Company may correct the Member Information for itself without request from the Member, if there are reasonable causes.
Article 12 (Management of Member Information of Former Members)
The Company shall delete the Member Information of those who withdrew from membership of the Site (hereinafter referred to as the "Former Members") from the Site promptly after the Former Members' withdrawal. Provided, however, the Members agree that the following information shall be recorded in the Site even after such Members withdraw from the Site.
(1) Member Information of the Former Members that is minimum necessary to keep a record that the Former Members withdrew from the Site, including their names, department names and company names.
(2) Records of communications in case the Former Members made inquiries etc. prior to their withdrawal.
Article 13 (Management of Personal Information acquired by a Third Party)
In the event that the Member has entered into transactions with any third party through the Membership Services, the Company shall not be responsible for the management of personal information of a Member collected and acquired by the said third party in connection with the transaction.
Article 14 (Principle of Self-Responsibility)
Members shall use e-mail messages, information, goods, services and transactions acquired through Membership Services at their own responsibility and if they should suffer from damages or disadvantages due to the use of Membership Services, Members shall be responsible for themselves.
Article 15 (Compliance)
1. Members shall, in using Membership Services, comply with the Membership Terms, Regulations and any other statutes to be applied.
2. Members must promptly update any important changes in Member Registered Information as set forth in Article 8.
3. Members may not assign, lend the Membership Services and the status and rights of Members to any third party or change names. Members may not disclose, divulge, lend, pledge or put in security the Authenticated Information to any third party or change names.
4. Members shall not, in using Membership Services, conduct the acts of any of the following items below.
(1) Act that infringes on the property, privacy and other rights of the Company or third parties or causes damages and disadvantages to them.
(2) Act that abuses, steals the Authenticated Information of other Members and similar acts
(3) Act that violates the Membership Terms, Regulations or statutes.
(4) Act that facilitates the acts set forth in each item above or acts linked to it.
(5) Act deemed by the Company that falls or may fall under any act set forth in each item above or an act determined inappropriate by the Company.
Article 16 (Withdrawal, etc.)
1. Members may withdraw from the Site at any time by giving notice to the Company in accordance with the procedures provided for by the Company.
2. In the event that the Member falls under any one of the following items below, the Company may suspend provision of Membership Services to the Member or revoke the Membership of the Member and impose withdrawal disposition without prior notice to the Member. If the Member suffers from any damage due to the said disposition, the Company shall not assume any responsibility.
(1) In the event that the Member has violated any of the provisions of Membership Terms or it turned out that the Member had been in violation.
(2) In the event that it turned out Member does not exist.
(3) In the event that the Member has died.
(4) In the event that contact cannot be made to the contact address filed by the Member or mail sent to the address filed by the Member have not been delivered.
(5) In the event that the Member has delayed in performing liabilities to pay service fees of Membership Services with consideration or has refused payment.
(6) In the event that it was found that misstatement or similar incorrect contents were included in the Registered Information of Member. Otherwise it was thereafter revealed that the Member fell under the causes for disapproval of Membership set forth in Article 4, paragraph 2.
(7) In the event that the Company determined the continuous use of Membership Services by the Member would pose a problem with the performance of business of the Company, including operation of the Site.
(8) In addition to each item above, in the event that the Company determined it would be inappropriate to recognize the person as a Member due to reasonable causes.
3. Members shall forfeit the Membership and any status for using any Membership Services at the same time as withdrawal from Membership; provided, however, that service charges for Membership Services used by the Member until the withdrawal and other liabilities shall not be extinguished by the withdrawal.
4. Former Members may be Members of the Site again by performing the registration procedures upon satisfying the Membership requirements pursuant to the provisions in Article 3 and Article 4 herein.
Article 17 (Changes, Interruption and Suspension of Membership Services)
The Company may change all or part of Membership Services without notice to Members. The Company may also temporarily interrupt, delay or suspend provision of all or part of Membership Services without notice to Members due to necessary system maintenance, or failure of communication lines, natural disaster and other causes not ascribable to the Company.
Article 18 (Termination of Membership Services)
The Company may terminate all or part of Membership Services. In such an event, subject to the termination of the Membership Services, any and all rights in the use of Membership Services by Members shall immediately be extinguished unless the Company expressly gives notice, announcement or publicity of separate treatment to the Members.
Article 19 (Indemnity and Restriction Clause)
1. The Company shall, expressly or implicitly, make no warranty with respect to Membership Services (including but not limited to completeness, correctness, usefulness and quality of information to be provided by Membership Services). The Company shall not warrant that defects of Membership Services shall necessarily be corrected.
2. In the event that any failure occurs in transmission and delivery of Membership Services, the Company shall not assume any liability.
3. The Company shall not assume any liability for changes, interruption, delay, suspension or termination of Membership Services pursuant to Article 17 or Article 18 against Members.
4. The Company shall not assume any liability for losses and damages set forth in each item below, even if the Company was informed of the possibility of such losses and damages in advance.
(1) Any losses caused to the Members due to changes, interruption, delay, suspension, termination or failure of Membership Services (including those arising from the claims of third parties).
(2) Any losses caused to Members due to e-mail messages acquired by Members, information, goods, services and transactions through the use of Membership Services (including those arising from the claims of third parties).
(3) Any losses caused to Members due to abuse of the Authenticated Information by any third party.
(4) Any indirect damages, special damages, incidental damages and other consequential damages of whatever nature (including loss of profits) caused to Members due to unavailability of Membership Services.
5. When the Member enters into transactions with a third party through the use of Membership Services, the Member shall enter into such transactions at its own responsibility, fully confirming the terms of transactions. The Company shall not assume any liability for the contents of information provided by the Company in relation to the transaction and the results of use of information.
6. Members shall be responsible for settlement at their own expense of the claims by any third party (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising from the use of Membership Services, made by using the Authenticated Information of Members (including the use by those other than Members).
Article 20 (Rights of the Company)
Rights of the Company arising hereunder shall be reserved for the Company unless it is expressly notified to Members that the Company shall waive such rights.
Article 21 (Validity of Membership Terms)
In the event that any provision of these Membership Terms has been held to be in violation of statutes or invalid or unenforceable, each and every provision other than the said provision shall continue to be in force.
Article 22 (Amendment of Membership Term)
The Company may from time to time amend all or part of Membership Terms without the prior consent of Members. In the event that any amendment was made to the Membership Terms, the Company shall appropriately notify, announce or publicize to Members the details by the procedures prescribed. Members who do not consent to the amendment may withdraw from the Site by performing the procedures prescribed by the Company; provided, however, that the Members who used Membership Services after the notice, announcement or publicity and who have not performed procedures for withdrawal within one (1) week of the date of notice, announcement or publicity shall be deemed to have consented to the amendment.
Article 23 (Notice to Members, etc.)
1. Notices and announcements required for provision of Membership Services and operation of the Site shall be made by the method selected by the Company from time to time through notices to e-mail addresses entered in the Registered Information of Members or announcement on the Site.
2. Notice to Members by e-mail from the Company shall be deemed to have been delivered to Members at the time of transmission by the Company to e-mail addresses in the Registered Information of Members. Announcement on the Site shall be valid at the time of posting the contents on the Site by the Company.
These Terms shall be in force as of June 8, 2005.
Revision: May 30, 2008
Revision: March 20, 2015
Revision: May 25, 2018
Revision: September 18, 2018